Overeaters Anonymous (OA) is a fellowship of individuals who, through shared experience, strength and hope, are recovering from compulsive overeating. We welcome everyone who wants to stop eating compulsively. There are no dues or fees for members; we are self-supporting through our own contributions, neither soliciting nor accepting outside donations. OA is not affiliated with any public or private organization, political movement, ideology or religious doctrine; we take no position on outside issues.
Our primary purpose is to abstain from compulsive overeating and to carry the message of recovery to those who still suffer.
OA caters for all who have a problem with their eating, such as compulsive overeaters, anorexics and bulimics.
For more information on Overeaters Anonymous and how it works, go to About OA.
Overeaters Anonymous has a range of program material and literature including The Twelve Steps, The Twelve Traditions, The Twelve Concepts of OA Service, Just for Today or the I Put My Hand In Yours which you can order online. Attend an Overeaters Anonymous meeting near you to hear how the OA Program could work for you.
- Do you eat when you’re not hungry?
- Does food drive you crazy?
- Do you binge, purge or skip meals to lose weight?
- Do you feel guilty after you have eaten?
- Do you eat when you are tired, sad, angry or stressed?
- Is your weight effecting your life?
- Do you eat to take your pain away?
- Do you have secret binges or hide food?